Warning Signs of Employee Theft – Employees That:
- Consistently going against company rules or policies
- Have lied to you or other employees on multiple occasions
- Have an addiction such as gambling or drug
- Live frivolously even though it is unlikely that they can afford it
Employee Theft Statistics:
- Approximately $50 billion are stolen from US businesses by employees
- 75% of employees have stolen from their employer at least once
- The average time fraud occurs before it is detected is 2 years
- 42.7% of inventory shrinkage is due to employee theft
Video cameras monitoring cash registers can be tied to transaction data from registers to ensure accuracy and easily identify errors and false entries.
Guard valuable electronics and other assets with wireless asset protection devices. These devices detect any attempt to move individual pieces of equipment to ensure that they stay where you place them.
Control individual access to stock rooms, cash rooms and other secure areas of your facility and keep logs of all activity in sensitive areas.